The Artix ISO profiles
The community GTK and Qt profiles (MATE-LXDE-Cinnamon and KDE/Plasma-LXQt) are mostly symlinks to community. Only a few files/directories differ that accomodate settings specific to the flavour. Those files/directories are not symlinks.
Compared to base/minimal profiles, the community profiles differ in:
- /etc/skel is a lot more populous, as it contains DE and application settings <-- WIP, to be replaced by a package
- A few scripts in /etc/local.d/ get executed at first boot:
- theme-root creates in /root/.config some symlinks to /etc/skel/.config, for allowing sudo apps follow the overall theme, and gets deleted after execution
- artix-icons converts all start-here.png icons in /usr/share/icons to the Artix logo
- 0-remove-openbox-sessions deletes openbox entries in /usr/share/xsessions; openbox sessions are unconfigured and can even hang if chosen. Also gets deleted after execution
- change-machine-id replaces machine-id in /etc and /var/lib/dbus at every boot
- mkinitcpio detects whether the installation is encrypted or not and modifies /etc/default/grub and /etc/mkinitcpio.conf accordingly
- The default evowise mirror in mirrorlist-arch is commented out for being very slow
- rc.local enables the magic sysrq key and replaces the boring /etc/issue with a neofetch dump
- A nice DIR_COLORS is present in /etc.
- /etc/environment sets QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=gtk2 and QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=gtk in the GTK ISO. The other way round in Qt.
- /etc/vconsole.conf is symlinked to conf.d/consolefont, which is a merge of both. This allows both OpenRC to set the console font and mkinitcpio run the hook early at boot.
- /etc/xdg/kcm-about-distrorc is branded for Artix (<-- Not needed anymore, Plasma uses lsb-release or something). There are a few more config files there, stolen from other distros.
- The mkinitcpio.conf in desktop profile is preconfigured for rootfs encryption, otherwise system becomes unbootable at first kernel upgrade. If encryption isn't enabled, the script in local.d removes the setting.
- There's a custom local.bashrc in bashrc/bashrc.d, with a better PS1 and a few useful aliases and customizations. <-- Have been split into 2 packages (2nd is WIP for community)
- default/grub is preconfigured with the artix-grub-theme and rootfs encryption; see no.9.
- elogind/logind.conf sets KillUserProcesses=no, which seems to be forgotten to incredibly stupid default 'yes'
- In profile.d/ libreoffice is themed with SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk
- rc.conf sets rc_parallel and rc_crashed_start to YES
- /etc/hosts for live sets artix to loopback, some programs hung for a while resolving it
- The branding icons in /usr/share/icons/matefaenzadark are set to Artix
- 60-ioschedulers.rules in udev/rules.d sets I/O scheduler according to disk type (ssd/rotational) <-- part of our udev now
- /root/.config contains settings for Midnight Commander
- /usr/lib/firefox/distribution/distribution.ini is branded for Artix
- A little tested and possibly incomplete theme for LXDM lies in /usr/share
- A tweaked SDDM theme appears in /usr/share/sddm